------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, March 02, 2007

My Hero

After the horrible sock mishap of earlier this week, I needed something to get me back on the sock knitting vibe. Enter my hero of the knitting world, Nancy Bush. I browsed through all her
books that I have and started the Childs First Sock, from Knitting Vintage Socks on Tuesday. Needless to say, I have made some great progress this week.

Childs First Sock - To Arch
Always count on good 'ol Nancy Bush to help you rise out of a knitting funk. Her patterns are amazing. The variety of heels and toes - astounding. The patterns are also usually pretty easy to adjust to size, as most are written for much smaller feet than I have! Every time I look through her books, I discover another pattern I'd like to knit. The one book of hers I don't have, Folk Knitting in Estonia also has quite a few patterns in it that are on my to knit list. Luckily, my local library network has a copy and I tend to reserve it often. Maybe for my birthday in a few months I'll splurge and get myself that book along with the new Favorite Socks book from Interweave.

I guess, without even realizing it, I've sort of been working on my own Nancy Bush Compendium Project. I'm in good company though - a couple of other knitters have been working their way through her patterns also. Without even realizing it, her patterns always seem to rise to the top of my to knit list.

Too many socks, not enough time!