------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, August 04, 2008

Phyllo Yoked Pullover

It's done! Thanks to Sarah for the great location and Jody for the super photography!

Phyllo Yoked Pullover
Pattern: Phyllo Yoked Pullover from Knitting Nature
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Chocolate Brown
Needles: #7 KnitPicks Circulars
Mods: Not a one!
Ravelry Page here
.

There is a slight boo-boo on the back where I missed some decreases, but it isn't very noticeable. I love the fit. I made the small which was pretty much zero ease. I did block it out a bit bigger than the schematic, but only by about 1/2". The yarn had lots of stretch when blocking.

The pattern was very easy - lots of stockinette. I did have one hiccup when it came to the chart, but it was totally knitter brain fart. I went home, slept on it and read the chart again in the morning with absolute clarity. Sometimes these things just happen. All in all, I'm very happy with it! Even with the silk content, I think I am going to have to wear something under this - it was a bit itchy after a couple of minutes of wearing it for the photo shoot.

So, with this off the needles (finally!), I took it upon myself to start a few new things. Details on that, a roadtrip to yarny paradise, and 7 hours of dying later! I have lots of photos to get through!