------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Veggies!

Week three of our CSA and the supply of organic, local veggies continues.

CSA 7-15-08
(click through for more)
More Rainbow Chard, Cabbage, Summer Squash, Japanese Cabbage, Zucchini in several varieties (heirloom and Eight Ball), parsley and basil (fresh pesto tonight!), carrots and lettuce. Not shown is the quart of blueberries we got. They have been frozen for consumption when I don't have 13 pounds of them in the fridge.

The most unusual item - a pair of Siamese Twin summer squash.
Siamese Squash
They must have been a bit close together when they started growing!

I've already used up the Japanese Cabbage in a modification of this amazing, delicious salad. I pretty much used the dressing recipe and the salad part was whatever I had in the fridge. Yum. I also added some sprouts that I grew myself (thanks Sarah!!) - more on that later.

Mitten #1 is just about done, and work on the yoke of the Phyllo pullover continues.....