------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, July 28, 2008

Halfway

It may have cooled down a bit this weekend, but still not quite cool enough for these yet.

Mitten 1
One of the pair is now done! Because it has been a long, long while since I started them, to refresh the memory, these are Mostly Mittens Pattern #25 (Rav link). The yarns: Cherry Tree Hill in Slate and Tess Supersock and Baby in Gray. This one still needs a good soak, but I love how it turned out. It fits perfectly. Now, I just have to cast on for #2!

The garden grew by leaps and bounds this past week. We have had about 6" of rain so far this month, and it has been nice not to worry about things drying out too much. The tomatoes are taking off, especially the Romas.
Tomato - almost ripe
This one is just about ripe. Another day or so and I'll be picking it! The plant is loaded with more. I've had to tie up all the branches so they don't sag to the ground. I'm also due to pick some eggplant and maybe broccoli this week!

This guy was hanging out on the deck in the container gardens all day on Saturday. Finally, I went inside and grabbed the camera. He let me get pretty close!
Dragonfly

This week is looking pretty uneventful, but I am really looking forward to this weekend. I get to hang with some fun girls and do lots of crafty stuff!