------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Colorful Bounty

I know - two posts in two days! Don't fall off your chair! We picked up our CSA delivery for this week, and the colors and variety are just amazing!

CSA 7-1-08
(click through for all the details)
I now have two HUGE bunches of cilantro. It is one of my favorite fresh herbs, so I'm going to see what I can find for recipes. The lettuce is abundant along with Kale and Chard. This time, we got Rainbow Chard - isn't it pretty?
Rainbow Chard
It's amazing nature can produce colors like that! With all the greens that we get, steaming with some lemon juice and garlic is getting a bit old. I'm looking for some new ways to use Kale, Collards, Chard, Mustard Greens - all of them. I never really ate them growing up, so there are no "family favorites". Just what I can google and pick up from some food blogs. Please share if you have some good recipes!

On the knitting front, the Spring Forward sock is through the gusset and onto the foot. One minor problem. I don't think it's going to fit my sister. It barely fits me! The leg is fine, but the instep is a bit tight. I may have to knit her another pair and find a recipient with small feet! I'm going to see her this weekend, so I'll have her try it on so far. Her feet are 2 sizes smaller than mine, so just maybe......