------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, May 23, 2008

Canines, Cowls and Celebrations

After reading Nova's Birthday post yesterday, and realizing our birthdays were only one day apart, I just knew it was fate and I had to cast on for my first cowl. It's well known around the blogsphere that cowls are the new scarf. Megan did it, Lolly did it, Elinor did it, Whitney did it, Ashley, Kirsten and Christy too. So, what was I to do? Cast on, of course.

Birthday Cowl
The yarn is a super squishy soft wool/cashmere/angora blend. I'm really liking how it knit up. I didn't finish it on my birthday, but I got a good third done. I have a feeling this cowl thing will be a great stashbusting opportunity for all those single balls of yarn I have!

Speaking of my birthday, I want to thank everyone who emailed me and messaged me through Ravelry! It took me a while to figure out how everyone knew! I had a really great day - all thanks to everyone out there!

I spent a nice, relaxing evening with the boys. We had gone for a nice long walk and a very exuberant off leash jaunt, so they were pretty exhausted when we got back. Ace has had a buddy sleeping over for the past few nights - Fios (named for the speedy Verizon internet service). He is a 5 month old Border Collie and is on the go constantly! He's been a good match for Ace.
Ace and Fios tug
Fios and Ace close


We are off to a 3 day agility trial this weekend, so lots of sun, dogs and hopefully qualifying runs! I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing holiday weekend!