------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sweaters and Suds

I hope everyone had as wonderful a long weekend as I did! Hubby and I spent a lot of time together and were super productive. The basement and the garage got completely cleaned out and swept, and we went through our closets and rid ourselves of four garbage bags full of clothes! We also went apple picking and out to lunch. It was glorious. He also got me a new present....(how incredible is he??? I drag him apple picking - he loves it almost as he loves the beach - and he still comes through!)

Honda Odyssey
A Doggie mobile!! I never in a million years thought I'd be a minivan owner, but toting around three dogs and taking them to trials, the Jeep Cherokee I had just wasn't big enough or practical enough. This will comfortably hold FOUR (yes FOUR!) crates if needed along with enough other stuff for a long weekend of trialing away from home. I can't wait! It will be really nice to have the dogs riding in crates instead of loose, and a good start for the puppy. I should hopefully have it later this week! Thanks again sweetie - you are THE BEST!

So, amidst the apple-less trees in the orchard (unknown to us we came at the very, very end of the season) we had a more formal photo shoot for the hoodie, with hood fully attached.
SS Hoodie Done in Orchard
SS Hoodie Done Hood Up
It is really comfortable and soft. I love this yarn! (I do have 8 full, untouched skeins left if anyone would like to trade)
Pattern: Cabled Hoodie from Patons Street Smart
Yarn: K1C2 Angora Soft
Needle: Denise 8 and 9
Mods: Made the cardigan front into a V-neck. Just knit it the same as for the back up to the armholes, then as I shaped the armholes, I worked in the V-Neck from The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns.

I really love it. Comfy, roomy and a bit stylin'. This was my longest project on the needles EVER. I started it way back in January!

The other big project of the weekend was first baths for the puppies. A few of them are off to their new homes this weekend (Gracie and Shiner), so we wanted them to be shiny clean and used to the tub. It was quite an adventure.
Hint First bath
Ace First Bath
Shiner First Bath
They got a nice blow dry and nail trim also. Puppy torture day. Hee.