------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, October 29, 2007

Heading West

Packing ensues in earnest this afternoon as I leave tomorrow morning for sunny, hopefully warm Scottsdale. I am pretty excited, though I am really going to miss all the boys I'm leaving at home.

Another source of excitement - plane knitting! Forced to sit for hours on end leads to only one thing - knitting! With Ace I haven't had much time lately, so I am looking forward to some uninterrupted time with the needles. I cast on for the sleeve of a sweater. It is kind of an experiment. A modification of the Sugarplum Pullover from Handknit Holidays. I'm doing a folded hem, just because I love them, and doing a different yoke pattern to use stash yarn only. We'll see how it works out! It is fun because of the needles I'm using - my brand spankin' new set of Knitpicks Interchangables!!
Knitpicks needle set
Hubby surprised me with it last week. I have only knit a few rounds, but love them so far. The yarn just glides.

The sleeve will be coming on the trip along with a sock. How can I travel without a sock?? Recently, I spied a sock over at Nova's that I loved (scroll down for the orange one). The pattern is the Pony Express Socks and I think I may have to take some yarn to make these with me....The chart doesn't look too bad, and I like to have options - sweater sleeve or sock!

A third exciting thing - with my change back in mid August of my eating habits (mostly veggies, very minimal if any dairy and all organic), I have dropped about 22 lbs total. I feel a ton better and have lots of energy. Bonus - all my old shorts fit! I actually had to pick and choose which I was taking with me! It was pretty thrilling. Things that make a girl feel good. The only disappointing thing was that a pair of favorite cargo capri pants are now so big I can't even wear them. They fall right down.....(pretty cool!!)

So, I will be back next Tuesday all tan and refreshed (I hope!) ready to knit and blog!! Have a wonderful week!