------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pretty in Pink

I was going to post about my trip to Arizona, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Much more important things came up to be posted about today! My Single Sock Swap package came!

It was sitting on the counter when I got home from the airport on Monday. The contents - perfect! The funniest thing is, when I opened it and found out who my pal was, I was so excited. Jessica and I have been blog buddies for quite a while now. Coming from her, this sock is all the more special!

SOCK SWAP PACKAGE
I'll give the details of the sock after, but the rest of the package contained some dark chocolate squares, a skein of very sunny, soft, happy yarn from Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm and a great big sheepy toy for the dogs! It's hilarious - around it's collar it says "Sheep on the Lamb". Very cute.

The sock. I can't say enough about this sock. The yarn - one of my all time favorites. Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in a great Hot Pink. It is the same yarn and color I used for the Turkish Stockings. Jessica was worried about giving me a yarn and color I've already used, but like I said - the yarn is pretty much my all time favorite and I think it does the pattern well. The pattern - she picked a winner. The New England Socks by Nancy Bush from Knitting on the Road. I have had this sock in my queue for a very long time. Turns out she checked out my queue on Ravelry and saw these as #1 on my list! The fit - couldn't be better!
SOCK ON
SOCK ON FRONT
They are incredible. I love how she tied them up with the rest of the yarn. A neat little bundle of sock joy.
SOCK ALL TIED UP

She also included really great notes as to any modifications she made so I can duplicate the pattern in the second sock. I can't wait to start! Thank you Jessica!!
OTIS WITH LAMBIE