------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

How Do You Decide?

In another few weeks, we'll have the big puppy decision to make. Which one to bring home. Right now it's leaning heavily towards Ace (his new name), but Hint (was "Orb") is making a great play for me as well now. Final decisions will not come until around 6 1/2 or 7 weeks when their conformation and temperaments really show through. Since I didn't post any puppy pictures yesterday, here's a few for your fix.

Ace and Gracie
Ace and Gracie

Ace Sleeping on my Foot
Ace
Shiner
Shiner

RJ
RJ

Ace
Ace

Hint
Hint

Dekker
Dekker

On another subject of choosing and decisions, I got a few color cards in the mail yesterday from Beaverslide after seeing their beautiful tweedy yarn popping up around blogland the past few weeks. I haven't bought a sweaters worth of yarn in about a year. With all the wonderful patterns out now, as well as older classic patterns, there is a lot to choose from.
Beaverslide Color Cards
Beaverslide Color Cards
All the colors are amazing. Saturated, tweedy, beautiful. And pretty darn soft too. I just have no idea how I'd ever decide what color to get! I would ultimately love to make a sweater around the idea of Adrian's shown here and the other one here, or along the lines of this one or even this one. But I'd also to do more cable stuff - this, this, or maybe even this. There are just so many great patterns out there! What do I pick first - yarn or pattern?