------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bountiful Harvest (yes, and puppies!)

Our weekly CSA delivery has just been getting better and better as the season progresses.

CSA 08 27 07
They have been keeping me well supplied with salad greens since early June. I have been able to take a HUGE salad to work every day and have never run out. The nice surprises this week - Pattypan Squash and peaches! It is really helping me to eat right when our fridge is busting full of good things.

I finished up both arms on Licorice Whip last night. I have about 3 yards of yarn left. Now, I'm just anxiously awaiting my rescue package from Lolly and have been secretly praying the color will match. There is only about 2" left to do on the body and it is DONE! It will feel really good to finish up a sweater. Getting me geared up for fall. Not that I really have any fall sweater stash to knit from. I have some cotton/linen and some DK weight angora mix, but that is about it. I guess this will push me to finish the Street Smart Hoodie. Yarn will also be found when I frog a past project. Banff was my first sweater. Knit in Tahki Soho Bulky Tweed it is big, itchy and really warm. (see photo evidence here) I am planning on ripping it, but I'm not sure if I even want to make something new out of it. Whatever it is would have to be able to have something worn under it (this is not next to skin yarn!). Any good suggestions?

OK - so what you really came for....
Nine in my Arms
Dekker and LR Bookends