------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, July 20, 2007

The Spoils

A while back, Christy had a little contest to see which of her single socks she would make a mate for first. Out of all the choices she gave, I commented that she would knit the Koigu mate first, because, well, it's Koigu! Turns out, I was right! She sent me this wonderful, amazing skein of Socks That Rock and the funniest sock knitter card EVER (you have to click for a close up to read it!)

Winnings From Christy
The color of the yarn is so amazing (the colorway is called "Mustang Sally"). Right up my alley - rich, red and not so variegated. And, evidently, someone else's also. I was sitting on the couch after I got home from work unwrapping the package. Hubby and I were talking about our day and as I pulled the skein out of the envelope, he stopped talking mid-sentence and just looked at it. He looked at me, looked at the yarn and said, "Oooohhh". Looks like these may turn into hubby socks....