------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hazy, Lazy Days

It sure has turned to summer around here. The weather has been hazy, hot and humid with thunderstorms popping up - it's been feeling more like August than July, but I guess summer is summer!

We got another veggie delivery yesterday. More green goodness!

CSA 07 09
(click to see what's what)
I'm finding it hard to keep up - we get another delivery before we've even finished the last one. This week we got fresh beets. Any suggestions on how to cook them best? I have never had fresh before, and I'm not a fan of the canned/jarred ones because of the mushy texture.

We had a wonderful weekend at the trial. Tucker closed the season in style with 2 qualifying rounds, one earning a 3rd place ribbon. Now, we have a nice break from those crazy weekends until the big three day Labor Day trial.

I couldn't leave my sock needles naked for too long, so I cast on for the mad Color Weave socks. Neat pattern.
Mad Color Weave
It looks way more complicated in the chart than it actually is to knit. Even just being a few inches into the first sock, my mind is already wandering to colorwork socks. AGAIN. Sigh.

After two wonderful outcomes, I really want to knit more. A pair for my sister are next in line, and the week we have together at the beach coming up soon seems like a perfect opportunity to get both a bunch of knitting done and a bunch of custom fitting sessions in. Sun, Sand and Socks - what could be better!