------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, July 13, 2007

Crazy Love for Cake

Just a short post before the weekend (I'm hanging out with Sarah!!) but wanted to post a few goodies. One food, one yarn - should satisfy everyone.

With the plethora of veggies we have recently come into possession of, I was running out of ideas for them. Anne was nice enough to suggest and send a recipe for a Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cake. Yep - you heard right - veggies and chocolate all in one pan.

Zucchini Fudge Cake
It turned out really good. Super moist and not too sweet. Just what I was looking for (and it used up 3 cups of shredded zucchini!) I may make a few zucchini breads as well this weekend and freeze them - feel free to pass along any tried and true recipes!

The yarn goodie comes from Klaus and Teyani way out west. Some Sock Hop yarn in the "Crazy Love" colorway.
Sock Hop Yarn
How pretty is that!?! Outside my normal color range (I really wanted to go for the bright orange, but I felt I needed to broaden my sock yarn horizons), this should knit up wonderfully into Trekking like stripes. It is squishy soft.

A fun weekend is in store - some agility, some baking, friends and hopefully knitting! Have a wonderful one!