------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thank You!

First off, I wanted to thank everyone who left comments on the Turkish Stocking. I was a bit overwhelmed by the response on both Flickr and my post! After several false starts and a rocky road, a sock was finally born. It never would have came to fruition without all of you! From inspiration to execution, the knitblog world is knit right into the fabric of these socks. Never fear, no second sock syndrome for these. The second is well into the colorwork pattern. There will be a huge photo shoot when the pair is ready to wear. All the comments mean so much to me - thank you!!

On to a pair of finished socks I think I totally forgot to post about - the Garter Ribs.

Garter Rib Sock #2
They are now happily reunited and living in New Hampshire with their happy new owner. They are also the perfect color combination for the new installment of Project Spectrum. The pink/yellow/green months. Lucky for me, the Turkish Stockings fit right in. (the first effortless thing on that project yet!)

Also (another stroke of luck) fitting right in are the Little Child's Socks. I may re-name them "Big Hubby's Socks" as it sounds funny saying they are for him. Progress on #3 needles is fast with these.
Little Childs Sock start
Photographing the color accurately is a challenge. This is a pretty good representation. I love the color, and there is so much yarn on the skein I'm not sure what I'll do with the leftovers. Maybe a pair of anklets for him as well.

Spring seems to have made a brief appearance here. We are under a winter storm watch and are expected to get a few inches of (sigh) snow tonight. Winter took long enough to get here, now it's never going to leave.