------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Only Green I See

With the weather being as it is around these parts, lawns are still brown and there are no leaves on the trees. Pretty blah and ugly. At least I have a little green to look at.

Little Childs #1
Big Hubby Sock the first is complete. I love this yarn (Lisa Souza Hardtwist)!! The color is amazing, super squishy and fast knitting on #3 needles. I think a good soak and block will only make it better. This is the first time I've done a round type toe. It was pretty interesting and I was skeptical that it would fit hubby's toes.
Little Childs Toe
Instead of k2tog, the pattern has you p2tog for decreases so you get these little bumps that swirl around the toe. Neat design feature. Turns out my fears were for nothing - the toe fits him just fine.

I also managed to finish up the back of the Hoodie.
SS Hoodie back
I was really afraid of letting this one sit too long without working on it. Things that get put aside usually don't end up getting finished and end up on a date with the ball winder. There wasn't much left to knit, so I just pounded it out. Now, I have to really think about what I want to do for the front. Maybe I'll knit the hood next....