------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, April 16, 2007

It's Back

I thought even though we were having cooler than normal temperatures, we were done with it. But no. It came back this weekend.

Winter in April 2
Winter in April 3
Yes, your eyes do not deceive you - these pictures were taken yesterday! At the trial site in New York we got a good couple of inches along with sleet, freezing rain, rain and slushy snow. I had about four layers of long underwear on and was still cold. Wet and cold are just not fun in mid April! Where is spring?

On a positive note, Tucker did well this weekend. He got a first, a third and qualifying round (we weren't fast enough against all those speedy Border Collies to place, but we did run our round fault free and under time). We still have some issues with the weave poles to work through. They are the obstacle that takes the longest to learn, and the longest for the dog to feel confident doing at trials in stressful situations. We're getting there, but you can't re-create a trial situation at home, so it will just be training at the trials until we get it. Lots of people came up to me and commented on how well he is doing and not to worry - "the weaves will come". Now, I just have to muster up some patience to believe them!

I didn't get much knitting done in between runs - it was so cold I had my hands inside my 3 pairs of mittens most of the weekend. I was tempted to soak them in my coffee for heat! Last night after we got home I made a bit of progress on the foot.
Hubby Sock
Funny how these socks, knit on #3 needles, seem to take longer than the colorwork Turkish socks knit on #1's! Must be that colorwork vortex thing.....