I had such great hopes of getting tons of knitting done this weekend. It all went out the window. Instead of needles and yarn being my constant companions this weekend, I ended up with these guys
On Friday, before the cold virus had taken over my entire body, I did manage to finish up the neckline of Smocking.
sewn bind off was really easy and fast. I like how it came out. I think I ended up doing 3 rows of K1P1 ribbing, then bound off. Using the sewn bind off leaves a nice edge that matches the ribbing.
The DNA sock #2 is at the heel turn. I plan on dedicating a few hours today knitting on it. So much for my ambitious Socktober plans. Two weeks to go and I don't even have one pair of socks yet! The cruise socks don't need to be done until early December, so at least there isn't a tight deadline - but at 18 sts/4" they will go quick once I start.
Ravin was a good boy at the show this weekend - he hasn't been shown in a while, so it took him a bit to get back into it. He looked great!
Fall has definitely come to New England. They had to postpone the start of the show because the frost was so slippery! I had my millions of layers on and felt like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. At least it was sunny - the sky was simply stunning all weekend.
Goals for this week (before I leave on Thursday for the 3 day agility trial with Tucker on the Cape):
1. Finish seaming smocking and weave in ends
2. Finish DNA socks (the one I have in my possession)
3. Start Socktober pair #2