------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, August 28, 2006

Smocking on the Move!

I'm not even going to talk about the socks. Let's just say they now look the same as in the last post. This yarn is on a time-out and is going back into the stash until I can decide what to do with it. I might just try and trade/swap it for something solid or semi-solid. Any interested parties?

Knitting was pretty productive this weekend. I got the back of smocking done about halfway through the armhole shaping. It's a really quick knit, and I'm liking the results so far. It's a very drapey fabric, so I think it will make a good layering sweater for fall. The color is very pretty too. A nice, neutral olive type green (which I have yet to capture in photos accurately. If I had to pick, the bottom picture is more representative of the color.)
Smocking Close Up
Smocking Back
The back should be finished tonight, then on to the front and second sleeve! I should have this one done before fall!

I'm in such a sock battle right now. I so want a sock to knit, but I'm just having a hard time deciding what pattern and what yarn. I think the CTH did me in. So, for right now, I'm just going to start in on some mittens and hats from some handspun that a friend sent me. I agreed to knit up some items for her to sell in her shop out of her handspun. I figure mittens and hats will be pretty quick, and I love helping her out. Her yarn is really nice. She spun up a worsted weight in all kinds of nice neutrals that I can mix and match. The weather was pretty icky this weekend, so I didn't want to post a sub-par picture. So, I guess I'm on sock hiatus right now until a pattern, yarn and I can come to an agreement!