------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More Smocks Spotted

Working away on my Smocking sweater (back done, on to the other sleeve!) I've really come to love the smock. What a great little technique. I was thinking how neat it would be incorporated into a pair of socks, when low and behold I find these!

(thanks to the Mystery Sock KAL)

They were made by Costumechick and are simply incredible! The pattern is from Woolworks - they have a complete list of patterns with no pictures to choose from. This is a pattern I will be doing in the future!

The exiled CTH yarn will happily be winging off to a new (and hopefully more appreciated) home in the coming days. Sarah offered to give it a new home in exchange for some yummy looking merino/tencel sock yarn in a grape type color from Dave's Cabin Cove. I haven't tried his yarns, nor tried merino/tencel, so it will be fun to try.

I have NO socks on the needles right now (GASP!) and that must be remedied immediately. I promised my sister I'd make her a pair for her new job down in Baltimore. Once a pattern and yarn are picked (from my stash) I will be calm again.

The first sleeve from Smocking is blocking (hee - a rhyme!) to see how it does. If it can't keep the slightly stretched shape I had to do to get the measurements I needed, it'll be ripped and re-done. Figured I'd better block early so I'd know what knitting lies ahead.