------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Thursday, July 27, 2006

How Generous!

Little did I know my burst of creativity would yield such a great reward! I was reading Deb’s post on her new yarn and her quest for a name for the color better than “hemorrhoid” dubbed by her husband. In looking at it, I immediately thought of those Navajo rugs you see hanging all over people’s homes and in stores, etc in the Southwest. I commented that the name Navajo may fit well, and she agreed! Being the incredibly super generous and nice person she is, I got a skein of my very own!


The color in my picture isn’t completely accurate – it’s more of a muted brick red and has none of the pink overtones my image shows. (Deb’s picture here is a much better representation) It is squishy soft and so beautiful! Thanks Deb! I can’t wait to find the perfect pattern for it! Check out her Esty shop as well as her listings on Ebay - tons of great stuff at wonderful prices!

The second RPM sock has advanced to the heel – I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, so I’m hoping (as sick as it is) that they are running late and I’ll have some time to get through the heel!

The Trekking socks are up next – I finally decided on a pattern.

The Gentlemans’s Fancy Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks. I found a few photos of completed ones and socks in progress using the Trekking, and I like how it doesn’t disturb the subtle striping of the yarn but yet you can still see the pattern. A match is made! Plus, I get to try the new KnitPicks needles I got. I’m hoping I don’t poke holes in my fingers pushing the needles through. I heard they are quite pointy!

Edited to add: Now I am having second thoughts after seeing all the great cascading leaves socks out there! Hmmmm...decision time!