------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, July 24, 2006

Go speed racer!

I am really happy with how the RPM's are coming out so far, and how fast this Socks That Rock medium weight is working up. Super fast! I finished the foot, the "fake" heel flap and the gusset decreases. The leg isn't going to be too long as hubby likes shorter socks, but I should have plenty of yarn as the foot weighs in at 50gm and the total skein before I started was a whopping 170gm.

The fake heel flap looks just like any other sl1 k1 flap. It is shorter though as you do it at the same time as the gusset decreases. But, it will be right where his shoes are, so it should wear nicely.

I'm using the toe up pattern here, but altered it to fit my number of stitches. I read through it and actually have not really looked at it - I guess I'm kind of winging it. I shocked myself that I understood sock construction to the point where I figured out what to do and when without looking at the pattern! One big step for me in my recent obsession with socks! I also made sure I took plenty of notes so I could duplicate it on the second sock which I hope to be starting tomorrow!