------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, May 19, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle


Edited to add: Toe up socks in Lorna's Laces "Jungle Stripe". Knit with 2.5mm 32" Addi needles.

I finished binding off watching Alias last night. They fit absolutely perfectly and I love the funky colored stripes. A new record for me - two weeks to finished socks!

I also kind of like where the purple overlaps a little - makes for a weird sort of pattern.

Shocker - it's raining (pouring actually) here again today. At least we got a few days to dry out a little.

I'm going to start up on Dad's socks again. A simple rib and top down this time so maybe they'll fit! The Wool Ease I have lingering in the stash will be perfect. A nice charcoal grey and thick for a quick knit up. My hubby's pair made with the same yarn are wearing like iron - just a bit of fuzzing. They'll be a nice portable, easy project to bring to the trial this weekend in Coastal New Hampshire. We are going to be about 6 miles from the beach. Unfortunately, it's not looking like great beach weather! (though the dogs love the waves even in the rain!)