------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Like I need another addictive hobby!

I was at the dog show Thursday, Friday and was working this weekend, so not too much knitting to speak of, though I will have pictures tonight or tomorrow. The show went great - Tucker did so well for his first time! I can really see how agility is addictive! I want to go out and do another trial next weekend! But, we have until the end of March to get our fine tuning and really come together. I think I can wait....

Knitting wise, I've been working on the Outback Hoodie. I frogged the first few rows of K1P1 ribbing I did after reading about the tubular cast on. I found some great instructions here and here, but I think I used my Nancie Wiseman book the most. It looks beautiful! And, it was pretty easy once I figured it out. That was my "learn something new" for this project.

The sockees are coming along. I want to start the Country Socks from Folk Socks with some trade yarn I just got. But, must finish sockees first!

Speaking of trade yarn, I had (another!) great trade and got Scarf Style along with 3 skeins of a beautiful alpaca/wool blend blue varigated yarn. I have been wanting this book for a while, so the trade was perfect. I can't say enough about what a great experience all this trading has been. Everyone has been so nice, and it's been interesting to find out a little about people by reading up on their blogs. I've added a few to my bloglines list.

M's red placket neck is also done. I have one wonky stitch right in the front (of course)that I noticed as I was weaving in ends. I'm not sure quite what to do about it. I think I am going to end up posting a pic and question on KR as people there always seem to have a solution to everything!

I'm off to download pictures so I can post! S's mom sent me a few of her modeling her heart sweater. How cute!