------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Projects for a New Year

I finished my Jaywalkers!! They fit PERFECTLY and I love the color - it pooled but it makes them kinda funky looking!



I really want to make another pair (though maybe not as many as Cara! - Happy Birthday!)but there are so many patterns I'd love to try, I may do another then come back to these when I invest in some Socks That Rock yarn.....

I also started a pair of Fuzzy Feet for my dad....

They are going pretty quick on size 11's. I got the yarn at Webs - it's their house stuff, Berkshire, and pretty darn close to Brown Sheep Worsted. Pretty economical too. I got a nice dark green, and am adding a grey stripe out of some leftover Patons Classic.


My hourglass is progressing. I have one sleeve done and attached to the body, and need to cast on for the 2nd sleeve - I wanted to finish my Jaywalkers first!

On a fun note, I had a snow day today! We got about 6" of snow overnight, and it is still really coming down - they are predicting about 10" when all is said and done.

I am going to work from home, but until they get my VPN fixed, there is only so much I can do. I'd like to cast on for some handwarmers also. My hands get so cold at work and I have a few balls of cashmerino that I can use.

New Years Eve was a lot of fun - lots of friends, great food...what more could I ask! The desserts were great - homemade mint chip ice cream, homemade eclairs and cupcakes...YUM!


I hope everyone had a great New Year!!