------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's Magic!

In an effort to start my Jaywalker socks, I branched out and learned a new skill. Magic Loop! I used this site, and it literally took me about 3 minutes to figure it out! I think I may need a longer needle (I had a #2 29" laying around, so I used that) but it just may work. I'll keep you up to date on my frustrations and progress!

More progress on the hourglass - I am about 12" in now, and shouldn't have too much more to go before dividing for the sleeves/yoke. It is a nice quick (boring) knit, but it is really good for TV knitting. The yarn is super soft and it will hopefully be a cozy but refined sweater when done.

I really like the hem - it's a nice touch, and the contrasting color matches perfectly tone-wise! It will need a good blocking, but so far, so good.


Dublin Bay is OFFICALLY done - kitchnered, tried on, etc. They fit me pretty perfectly, but are a smidge big on mom. But, she wanted bigger, comfy socks for the house, so these will hopefully do the trick.


Speaking of socks, I have a current pair that are pretty old, but wearing well. I never realized before how much I like the pattern - I have no idea where they came from, but may be a good model for a (way in the)future project when my fair isle skills develop.