------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, December 16, 2005

Another Stormy Friday

Woke up this morning to ice covered trees and roads. The main ones weren't too bad, but my driveway and street were a skating rink with a thin layer of slush on top. I love winter. I love New England. (repeat until spring)

I turned the heel and am on to the gusset decreases of Jaywalker. It took some fiddling to rearrange the stitches, but the Magic Loop is still working great. I was hoping for a snow day today to get a good bunch done. Oh well.

IHS is also coming along. I'm 4 1/2 balls done of the 6 I have. I'm hoping it will be long enough, though I could block it a bit longer, but I don't want to ruin the cables. I have been averaging about a ball a night. So maybe tonight I can finish. Then, I only have a few pairs of mittens to do for gifts - and they won't be given out until New Years, so I have plenty of time.

I got my Clover Plastic 12" Circulars in the mail yesterday. They are so cute! The cord isn't round, but flat. I'm hoping they won't be a major pain to knit with! So, I can start Hourglass up again once I finish IHS.

Pics coming tomorrow.....