------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, December 19, 2005

Stuff to keep warm...

I am happy to report another FO this weekend! The Irish Hiking Scarf! It is really soft, and just needs a blocking. It is maybe a little short, but it is long enough to wrap round my/someone's neck. I haven't decided if this is a keeper or not. I recently read about a knitter who had no handknit scarves or hats! I am kind of in that boat - I have one scarf that was my very first knitting project years back (when I wasn't even a knitter). I love it to this day and wear it all the time. I also knit a hat, but it was frogged this weekend as it has always been too big and I've never worn it. So, I think after the rush of the holidays, I need a new hat! Details about the scarf are in the FO section....



I worked a bunch on the Jaywalker, and am about 3/4 the way through the foot!! The heel looks kind of neat - I ended up doing the standard flap heel in the instructions - but my next pair are going to be short rows! Especially doing magic loop, as half your stitches are already on one needle. The colors are great - kind of obnoxious as my sister says, but I like 'em.









I also think I may do a quick scarf with the yarn I got from my SP - I've been wanting to knit for my friend Heather (one of my 3 friends named Heather!)- she wants me to teach her when she gets some time from her 1 1/2 year old. The CP Party and Kid Mohair should be really pretty together. Luckily, my SP sent me the same colors in each, so they should look very pretty. Plus, it's knit on #17 needles - it should be done in a night I would think!



So, I need to re-start the Hourglass now that I have my needle, (now thinking I could have done it with magic loop - ahhhh!) and I think some wrist warmers and a hat are in the queue soon!