------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, October 07, 2005

She's Blocking!

I blocked the front and back for Hope last night - I haven't woven in any ends yet, but wanted to start blocking so it could dry - I can weave in the ends after I guess (then reblock when it's assembled). I still have to sew one shoulder together, then pick up stitches for the neck. Not much more to do. I got a few books out of the library so I can see how to sew the set in sleeves - I haven't done those yet. The other sweaters I've done were either in the round and you pick up and knit the sleeve down, or flat sleeves. This will be one more new skill learned! The sleeves need a good blocking too. I'm not sure how well it will "take" with the cotton blend yarn.....