------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

Surprise surprise to wake up to another rainy day around here. It's getting a bit crazy. We are supposed to see the sun this weekend - it's at the point I don't really remember what it looks like.

I worked a chunk of Banff last night and I'm at the point where I'm beginning the decreases for the raglan arm holes. It's going really quick (which I'm loving) and I'm hoping to have another cozy sweater in a week or so.

The yarn is neat - the background is a dark olive green, but it has flecks of almost every other color in it. It's really pretty - a little scratchy, but I think a bath in Euclean will help that.

I got it off ebay almost a year ago, and remarkably, it's the exact yarn called for in the pattern (Tahki Soho Bulky Tweed) but in a discontinued color. I have the exact number of skeins I need, so this was a meant to be project.

I also did a little on the Retro Rib socks. I love the color, and the pattern is pretty easy. I'm not sure what my brain block was on the previous socks I have started recently, but these are going well. I also switched to shorter DPN's. Less poking myself.

Off to knitting group tonight!