------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, October 24, 2005

A perfect way to spend a rainy Saturday



A nice cup of cocoa, my newly started sock and the Vogue Knitting bible. Heaven. After picking the German Twisted Cast on, I modified a little and used K2P2 ribbing instead. My K1P1 always comes out really loose. This is much better. I'm at the point of the heel now, so I am turning to the Simple Socks book for the short row version. Progress is lovely. It has been a battle, but I have learned a few things and am the better novice sock knitter for it. Both of these books are on my "want it" list. I think I may get the VK book this afternoon - we'll see.....

I got a zipper for the Red Planet Cardi - it is done - finished on Friday afternoon. I'm not so sure I like it. I think the combination of lack of shaping and bulky yarn may do it in. I am not afraid of frogging it. I love the pattern, and it looks like she just re-wrote the pattern to include sizing and shaping. I'd like to try it again, maybe in a different yarn. So, what to do with it??? I love the free pattern that Elann shows with this yarn. The problem is that I only have 15 balls. They also posted a new free pattern for a chunky yarn they'll be selling today. The gauge is a bit different, and not sure if I am willing to increase my needle size that much (used #11's for the Red Planet) to get it. I think I'll just let it ruminate for a bit and see what I come up with.

I started Banff - ribbing, ribbing, ribbing!