------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, August 29, 2005

Feeling a little lost....

I finished the Sprite footies yesterday (pics coming) - they are pretty cute, and though a touch small for me, I think they will fit most of my friends or family fine! (I have probalby the biggest feet of everyone!) I do want to make another pair for me. I just have to find yarn to do it with. The Kroy socks I have is going towards the IK pattern from the previous post. I can't wait to start those!

I played around (with hubby's help) with PhotoShop and managed to create myself a button and new banner! I'm not thrilled with the banner yet, but it'll be fun to tweak it and get it just right.

So, with those off the needles, I only have Hope to work on (which is good - I need to get working on those cables!). It works up pretty quick, though I only have a little done, but it gets hard looking at the chart, etc. It's still pretty new to me, so I'm still getting used to it, but it is getting easier. It's not quite TV knitting yet, but almost! I hope to work on her a bit today. I have so many other projects waiting in the wings.....

That leads me to my feeling of not knowing which direction to turn next. I am at a loss as to which project to start next. I like to have 2 things going at once so I can alternate back and forth, and maybe a pair of socks for my portable project. I was very productive this weekend and went through my ENTIRE stash, documented it and will load it into my Excel spreadsheet so I can see what I'd like to do and if it matches with what I have. With so many great new patterns coming out every month (as well as the books I get from the library) I'm adding more and more patterns to the queue! But, even with the heat and humidity this weekend, I know fall is just around the corner, which means knitting weather! I can't wait......

I did get Textured Knits from the library. There are quite a few in here I'd like to make. The zippered cartigan on the cover I really like, and when I read it was done with All Season's Cotton - I was hooked! That is my new favorite yarn.