------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Can You Believe It??

Four days in Boston was wonderful. It was all dogs all the time. Everyone had a great time, and it was really nice to be able to hang out with the dogs for four straight days! Ace and Tucker ran agility. Ace got his Novice Jumpers title - we now move up to the next level! I only entered him one day as the crowds and noise can be a bit overwhelming and I didn't want him to have a bad experience.


It was a lot of fun. We got to also watch Deuce win the breed every day, and compete in Best in Show on Saturday. She didn't win, but was a close runner up!

I also managed to get in a bit of knitting. The knitting groove has been in full swing. I feel so much better and relaxed at night now that I have picked up the needles again. The Komi mittens from Mostly Mittens. This is pattern #25. I really love how they came out, especially the colors.
#25 Mitts Done

You will notice that the cuffs are a bit different. The first I did with a corrugated rib. I love it. The second I thought was a corrugated rib, but obviously I followed the directions a bit differently! I still love them. I tried to get some modeled shots, but at 5am, there was not much light or creativity going on. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow on Friday, so some weekend shots will be likely of the mittens in their natural habitat.

I'm still working on hubby's socks and am a few rows from the heel. I really hope they fit! My next project is already laid out. A mitten pattern I designed was accepted for publication in the Fall of 2009, so I have to get moving an knit up a pair and write out the pattern so it can be test knit. Pretty exciting!