------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, November 28, 2008

Breaking the Silence

I know it's been a while - somehow the time slips away and before I know it, weeks have passed! There is still little knitting progress to report, though I am slowly but surely making an effort to get the needles clicking again! I did finish a cowl for my sister, and I hope to get modeled shots this weekend. It is soft, comfy and extra long.

There is big news on the four legged front though. If anyone watched the National Dog Show last night on TV, you saw Ace's mom Deuce win the Herding group again and strut her stuff in Best in Show. Alas, no one was going to beat the Pointer that won. That dog is amazing. I think she has about 95 Best in Shows this year alone!

Last weekend, Ace had his first agility trial. All the hard work, hours and hours of training and practice proved well worth it. It was in Springfield, Massachusetts in a huge venue. The biggest agility trial in the country! It is indoors with four rings of agility going on at the same time. He remained focused and did exactly what I asked. I couldn't be more proud! This is his Jumpers run on Saturday. Pretty flawless.


And Standard on Sunday. Another great run.

All in all, Ace went 4 for 4 qualifying in every run he ran. Sunday was extra special. His sister Gracie was also competing! We managed to get a quick family shot of proud dad Razz (center) with his two kids.
Ace, Razz and Gracie
I was beaming. It was so amazing to see all the hard work we put in really pay off. He was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for it to go any better! He is a blast to run and I think he will just get faster and better. I can't wait! Our next trial is the huge, fun Bay Colony Dog Show in Boston next weekend. This will be the last year it will be held in Boston as they are tearing down the Bayside Expo Center. Sad. It is such a fun show with so much going on. It is always one of my favorite agility trials of the year. Especially since I get to watch Deuce show in the breed ring as well!

If the weather cooperates I hope to get some pictures of the second mitten I'm working on as well as some socks I may start - nothing like casting on a few new projects to get the knitting juices flowing!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, food and family filled Thanksgiving!!!