------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Thursday, October 09, 2008

As Promised....

I know it's been a while. Lately, I've been making a conscious effort to start knitting again. Even for a half hour before bed, just knit a little. Try to get the motivation back again! I didn't have much more to go on my Noro stripey knee socks. In the "old days" they would have been done weeks ago. They have languished with only a few inches left of sock two. Sad. But, last night I was bound and determined to finish them. I knit a bit on the second sock at lunchtime, then sat down last night and started the ribbing. I was done faster than I thought. I ran out of yarn. Ideally, the ribbing on both socks would be the same length, but it was not to be. I'm about 15 rounds short on sock #2. Oh well. I managed to squeeze a pair of knee highs out of one skein of Noro sock yarn! Pretty good! If anyone has any scraps of dark green Kureyon (or even dark purple) that they may be willing to get rid of, let me know - like I said, I only need enough for about an inch and a half of ribbing.

Noro Kneehighs
It was dark and late by the time I was done, and I was tired, so I plan on doing a proper finished sock photo shoot today if all goes well. The weather better cooperate - it was raining when I came to work.

In other news, I do have hubby's Brick Pullover (rav link) on the needles. Only about 10 rows have been done, but it will make good knitting for the many hotel stays I have coming up for the end of the year.

The fall agility season is winding down a bit. Only four more trials left for the year. Ace is officially entered in his first trial the weekend before Thanksgiving at the biggest AKC agility trial in the country - right here in Springfield, Mass. He has been coming along really nicely. I think he will be a lot of fun! Tucker has been trialing also, and had a great weekend last weekend. A bunch of ribbons and qualifying runs. What a good boy!

I'm hoping this will be the start of more regular blogging. The crisp cool (cold actually!) weather has brought on the need for cozy socks and sweaters, and nighttime couch knitting.