------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Thursday, May 15, 2008

And the Winner Is.......

Mostly Mittens Pattern 25!! (the one on the top right) Pattern 29 (lower left) came in a close second....I really like both patterns, and I'm glad I didn't have to decide!

I managed to cast on yesterday after a horrific experience trying to wind the yarn. I'm not sure if the yarn gods were just not wanting me to knit or what, but in winding the skein of Cherry Tree Hill, the whole thing got tangled coming off the swift onto the ball winder. I got through it and then in re-winding the ball (I always re-wind to make sure the ball isn't too tight) it became a huge tangled mess. Huge. Tangled. Mess. I worked on it for a bit, then hubby came in after hearing me get all exasperated and took over for another hour or so. The yarn is now in three pieces. One small ball, one that is about half the skein in a ball (it took me three hours yesterday to untangle it) and the rest of the skein is going to my sister this weekend to untangle. She is really good at it and actually enjoys it....

So, after a day of untangling yarn (I won't go into the story of how the middle of the hank of Tess gray yarn also was a tangled mess before I even started winding it) I finally cast on last night. I like the colors together so far, even with only about four rounds of the corrugated ribbing done.