------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, April 07, 2008

26 Days

The countdown is officially on. Under a month to go. Twenty Six days until the Sheep and Wool Festival!!!! That must mean that spring is around the corner, right? Last year I had such a good time. It's going to be hard to top, but I'm going to try! This year is going to be extra special though. On Friday, I'll be helping out (and hanging out) with a bunch of friends setting up the booth for Cloverhill Yarns! I've never been a "part" of the festival - only an enthusiastic shopper, so this will be an exciting new experience!

The booth is featuring 18 Indie Fiber Artists from around the country, hand crafted stitch markers, sock blockers and hand carved wooden spindles. They will also have Handmaiden Sea Silk and Flaxen, patterns from a couple of excellent designers, and some dye-your-own sock yarn kits complete with full color directions. How amazing is that!!!!! For an up close and play by play account of the prep going on for the store and the booth at the festival, check out the Countdown with Cloverhill blog here created by the amazing Jody and Sarah.

I can't believe the list of dyers and fiber artists they will have - I will have to be careful not to spend all my money in one place! Check out this list:

Pretty amazing, huh???? The booth will be located in the main building in spaces D2 and D3. Please stop by if you are coming to Sheep and Wool and support this great shop!

On a non-festival note (horrors!) a friend gave me over a dozen home grown eggs this past week. I guess she has quite a few chickens and there is no way her and her family can eat all the eggs. I was more than happy to take them off her hands. So, this weekend, I put them to good use.
Angel Food Cake Cooling
Angel Food Cake! This has to be one of my favorite cakes. It is so light and just plain yummy. The recipe is from The Bakers Dozen Cookbook and it was truly delicious. Hubby thawed some frozen mixed berries and it made a simple, amazing dessert. I'm always amused how these cakes cool. When I flip it over, I'm always terrified that it will fall out. It never has though.

The sample socks are halfway done - one down, one to go. The pattern is pretty complex, and the chart large, but I'm just taking it row by row. I'm hoping sock #2 will go a bit quicker now that I am familiar with the pattern. I had to rip one more time, and let me tell you, the Lornas Laces just doesn't like being ripped. The twist completely came out and it was a bear to re-knit. Not fun.