------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Going Around

Hubby was nice enough to pass on his hacking, muscle aching flu-type thing to me this weekend. I spent most of Saturday on the couch taking meds and napping on and off. I feel better today, but now I'm just coughing a lot. Not fun at all. But, at least we are sick together. Saturday was a good day to stay on the couch. I woke up to this lovely scene outside our windows.

Snow Mar15
About an inch and a half of snow. It's almost spring people!! I know, this is New England and we can get snow into May sometimes, but I am just sick of it. I am really ready for temperatures above 40 for a change!

So, to embrace the winter feeling, I made bread. Italian bread. Funny how a process that takes two whole days to complete, takes only 20 minutes to bake.
Italian Bread Sliced
It turned out great. I got two nice sized loaves, and the house smelled wonderful. The recipe came from The Bread Bakers Apprentice - a book I have made several loves from. I can't recommend it enough!

With whatever virus I have knocking me out, I spent a lot of time on the couch yesterday as well. I tried to figure out what project to start next. Something small again? After looking several times through my Ravelry queue, nothing jumped out at me. So, instead I started a small part of something big. A sleeve counts as small, right?
Phyllo Sleeve1
This will eventually be the Phyllo Yoked Pullover (thanks for the pic Jody!) from the book Knitting Nature. I'm using some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in a nice chocolate brown color that I got in a Ravelry trade. The yarn is working up in a nice fabric on #6 needles, and after a day on the couch, I'm just about done with the first sleeve. It's not the most exciting kniting, but I think it will make a really nice casual comfy sweater. (maybe for Maryland?) I have until the end of the month until sample knitting commences, so I'm hoping maybe to get both sleeves done.

I'm back on the couch today trying to clear my lungs and recover. Wish me luck.