------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

T Minus 3 Days

As a distraction from the yet photographed Canal Du Midi socks, I offer up that there are only THREE days until the Festival to end all festivals. Who is going? Saturday I plan on being there pretty much all day. I would love to meet any of the knitbloggers out there who I have only corresponded with via email. Feel free to stop me and say hi! How will you recognize me? Well, I'll be wearing these of course! (Still trying to find an appropriate and not too goofy looking outfit for them. The pressure is on!) The weather looks absolutely perfect.

MD Festival 07 Weather
It may be a tad warm for my clear clogs, but my Crocs will serve the purpose pretty well also.

Some must see booths for me?
Tess Yarns- incredible yarns in a rainbow of hand dyed colors!

The Mannings- their book selection alone is so impressive. I hope to pick up a copy of Folk Knitting In Estonia.

Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm- Once again, great hand dyed colors and wonderful sock yarns.

Three Waters Farm- I have a skein of their sock yarn from the last festival. The colors are bright and saturated, and they are super nice!

Hillcreek Fiber Studio and Yarn Shop- I got my first Louet yarn from them and plan to go back for more! They also have tons of dyes and needles.

There are many more I plan on visiting, but these are some of my "must sees". I plan on avoiding The Fold booth. Just not worth the rush or waste of time. You can order on line without the hassle.

This year I plan to look for more crafty things along with yarn. Really take in the festival itself instead of running around like a nut!

To enable those T-Shirt lovers in you, did you see this new one up on Threadless this week?
Georgia Tshirt
How knitter appropriate is that??

The ex-horsey girl (I used to do both Dressage and Eventing all the way through college and beyond) loved this goofy one.
Jump Cat
Not that a cat would willingly do anything for a human, but it's a funny concept.

So, make those Maryland lists, check them twice and I'll see you there! My camera batteries will be fully charged!