------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, May 11, 2007

More on Design - and Spring!

Being the spreadsheet and list geek that I am, I found it only natural to use Excel to chart out my sock design ideas for my sisters socks (further known as "MSS"). Using the charts I posted about before and the color preferences in Excel, I managed to get both an orange and blue background to compare.

Orange vs. Blue background
Amazing what a difference, huh? The more I look at it, the more I may be leaning towards orange as the main color. Thanks to my library, I also was able to play around with some charts from Norsk Strikkedesign and got this very interesting one.
Norsk with Orange Background
I like that this one could go either vertical or horizontal.

Last night I had some time to flip through my huge MD S&W score - Mostly Mittens. A treasure trove!
Komi Patterns
So many to choose from. They are all a bit similar, but it is a huge difference if you use a light or dark as the background - there are some really neat ones in here. Now the hard part - deciding!!!

The weather has taken a sharp upward turn this past week. Temperatures have hit the mid 80's and it seems like in one day we went from buds and brown to green and lush.
Spring Has Sprung
I have been taking advantage of the warm weather by being outside as much as possible. I took the boys for a nice run last night.
Ready for a Run
I used to run quite religiously every day, ran many 5k's and then life started getting in the way, as well as various ankle and knee injuries that didn't help. Spring has me feeling rejuvenated and ready to go. Vegetables and whole grains are becoming a major part of my diet, we signed up for the CSA and the weather is fresh and warm - a perfect time to break back into running and get my body back in shape.

The dogs love it. Tucker could go for hours if I let him. He is my "lead dog". The other two fall in behind him, then me behind them. We're only doing a few miles right now, but I'm hoping over the next few weeks to build up more stamina and go further. The only downside - it cuts into my knitting time!