------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Successful Weekend

Sorry for the little hiatus - the boys and I had our first agility trial of the season over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We are all tired, but it was a successful and fun weekend overall. It was Ravin's first trial. He did pretty darn well!
Ravin Third Place Finishes
He got two 3rd place ribbons! He was only entered two of the three days, and it's a good thing I did that - he was a pretty tired boy by the end of day two! He did really well though - I'm so proud!

Tucker wasn't to be outdone by his new competition - he got a 2nd place ribbon as well as his Open Standard title, so he moves up another level in competition!

The biggest event of the weekend was Terri and Razz getting their MACh (Masters Agility Champion) title. This is the highest achievement in the agility world. You need both speed and accuracy to earn enough points and have enough clear rounds to earn the title. Many tears were shed, and of course, what celebration would be complete without yummy cake!

Terri MACh cake
Both Tucker and Ravin got their ribbons on Friday, and Terri got her MACh also, so I'd say that Friday was the pick of the week! I took video of Ravin and Terri's runs, so I'll post a link for those when I get them uploaded for the curious!

The weather has finally turned to spring around here - it was 4 last week and 50 this week! They are saying it may even hit 60 Wednesday or Thursday! So, we have gone from winter to mud season in one fell swoop. I, for one, am not sad to see winter go!

I did manage to work a little on my knitting this weekend (I forgot how much time running two dogs takes!). The garter rib Trekking sock is coming right along.
Trekking 107 leg
I really like these colors - very springy! A short row heel is on the way to play off the Trekking stripes, then it's on to the foot! These are a fun, mindless sock knit - I can work on little bits here and there when I have time. Speaking of socks - has everyone seen the new Knitty? They have some great sock patterns this issue. The Clessidra socks immediately caught my eye - I haven't done knee socks yet (though I have the yarn already) and these are now at the forefront of my mind! My timing is always off - nothing like knitting knee socks going into spring! While not a sock, the Dashing mitts look really cute too. A good stash project. I have to say, this issue is a winner in my book - lots of wearable, attractive designs.

Megan's soap has been springing up all over blogland. For good reason! I recently had the pleasure of getting a bar of her soap (you can find it here) and it is great! I'm a sucker for packaging too - this did not let me down.
Megan's Soap
Of course, I'd already ripped it open and put it in the shower to use that night before I remembered to take pictures. It was wrapped in pretty pink paper with a great little note all tied together with leftover sock yarn! Great stuff - go get some! She has lots of scents and formulas to choose from....