------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Recovery

It really feels like last week never happened. It was here and gone so fast I don't really remember it. All the driving and franticness has now passed and life is restored to (semi)normalcy. After we finally got home from Westminster in the storm, I found everyone where they should be. (do you think our house is a little cold? A blanket and 3 dogs weren't enough - he needed the hat too...)

What I came home to...
Cozy on the couch. We were doggie sitting for Diana (the brown blob behind his knees) who is the cuddliest Rhodesian Ridgeback I've ever met. Everyone seemed to ride out the storm just fine....
I did manage to pick up the nasty bug that has been going around somewhere between New York and Maryland. I haven't been this sick in a while. Luckily my sister has a very comfortable couch as I spent all of Friday and most of Saturday on it. I missed a meetup with Colleen and some of the other Maryland knit buddies I've made - they went to a new yarn store, and it looks like they had lots of fun. I don't get to see them too often, so I was really disappointed I had to miss it, but I was feeling so horrible, and coughing so badly, there was no way I could go.

Saturday I managed to get medicated enough to go to my cousins birthday party at Pump It Up. This place is crazy - they have all kinds of inflatable slides, obstacle courses and places for the kids (and adults!) to jump around. All indoors!
Pump it Up
Pump it Up
The kids had a blast and wore themselves right out. Even hubby got in on the fun!
Forest Sliding
The slides were pretty fast - I think they were coated with something to make them even faster than just the regular plastic they were made of.

I wish I had more knitting content. I was so sick that I didn't even knit most of the time I was down there. Looking at the needles moving made me really nauseous. Not good. No progress was made on Aldebaran - in my fog of sickness I even forgot to have my sister try it on! The second Broken Cable Rib sock is now through the gussett and on to the foot. I worked a bunch on it last night to try and catch up. I picked it up and it felt like I hadn't knit in ages! I'm still coughing like crazy but am determined to kick this thing. I hate being sick!!

We did get great news while we were down in Maryland though - we will be doing another vacation this summer on the Outer Banks!! Our family has done a vacation every year for the past 4 years or so on the Outer Banks, and last year in Delaware. It is a lot of fun, sun and sand! We didn't think we were going to do one this year as everyone is traveling a bunch, and didn't think we'd have time, but my aunt came through! She's rented a house for the end of July and I couldn't be more excited! I love the beach! Something to look forward to....warm weather.....