------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's Summer!

Today is the official start of summer! (though it's been so hot this past week you'd think it started early) I love the warm days and the bright sun. BBQ's and the beach. Ahhhh.

With the solstice means it is also the official start of the Summer of Socks! I have the current Falling Leaves socks mostly done (chugging up the leg as we speak) and need to pick my next pair to tackle. I think the socks are a bit small - not in fit per se, but the "vines" of the leaves (where the SSK and K2Tog meet) stretches out when I put them on. (pic tomorrow) I am hoping a blocking will help and stretch out the lace part so the vines don't stretch. It does give a neat ladder effect when it does though. Either way, I'll be happy! The colors are so bright you can't help but smile when you look at them!

The next few weeks are going to be crazy around here. We leave tomorrow afternoon for a trial at the Blackthorne resort, then next weekend is a three day trial in Albany. The week after that we leave for the Delaware Shore! One week at Bethany Beach with a bunch of family. I can't wait! (I did already find a few LYS in the area!) It should calm down after we get back. I'd like to relax a bit and enjoy the summer before the leaves start turning!

Happy Summer Everyone!!!