------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, April 03, 2006

All socks, all the time!

(can you tell my recent trend?)

Thanks for all the great comments on the stash! It was fun taking it all out and seeing what I had - now I just have to come up with the motivation and ideas to use it all! I also cruised around and checked out some other people's stashes - my jaw dropped at some of them. The sheer size and range of yarns/colors was amazing! I really liked doing this, and still have quite a few blogs left to check out!

I made some great progress on Dad's toe up socks - I am just about to the ribbing on the leg of the first one, then I can start #2.


I really like how the ribbing looks (K3P1)

and my short row heel!

I also added to the sock stash (which was non-existent) thanks to Leanne over at Happyfroggyknits. I grabbed some sock yarn I've been drooling over for quite some time!


from l to r: Cherry Tree Hill potluck brights, Lorna's Jungle Stripe and Lorna's Daffodil

Everyone is so right. They are all buttery soft and spun nice and firmly. I can't wait to start knitting with them! I do need a pair of #1 circ's before I can start. The smallest I have is #2's and I don't think they'll produce a tight enough fabric with these yarns. Now I have to decide on patterns!
And, since the weather was soooooo nice this weekend I got to do some agility training outside. It was nice to be able to be out in the sun playing with the boys! I really think spring is finally here! (the boys gleefully agree!)