------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Friday, March 03, 2006

Flying Fingers

I can't believe how fast these socks are going! I finished one Thuja and am halfway down the cuff for the second! I can't wait to finish and give them to the hubby. He says he's quite excited about wearing them. The tubular cast on I did was a bit snug to get over his heel, so I did a twisted German cast on for sock #2 and hopefully it will be a bit stretchier. Experiment gone bad.

(Sorry for the crappy background and photo - what was I thinking???)

MJ over at YummyYarn convinced me to join the Norwegian Knit Along. I have really been wanting to try some Fair Isle in preperation for eventually doing the Norwegian Stockings from Folk Socks. I'd like to do a smaller project just to get the hang of it first. So, I'll be searching the web and a few books I have to find a headband or mitten pattern to start with. I'm excited! I love learning new techniques!
My sister has been doing some funky crochet projects recently - check out her bugs!

My favorite is the spider....

They have pipe cleaners in the legs so you can move them all around! How cute!

We're off to the Knitter's Breakfast tomorrow at Fabric Place. I plan on buying some yarn for my Norwegian KAL project (red or pink for Project Spectrum!), and seeing the new yarns coming out for Spring!