------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We're only getting started

I hope everyone had a wonderful and joyous holiday!

Christmas may have come and gone, but Channukah is only getting started! It was really neat to have it start on Christmas Eve - I guess it is the first time since the mid 50's that it has occured. Makes it a little easier getting into the spirit when it's somewhere around Christmas, then sometime back in November.

We went to my Mother in Laws Sunday, and as usual, she pulled out all the stops and gave us a huge basket brimming with goodies (edible and not). I'll get unpacked and organized enough to post some pictures soon.

I didn't really knit at all, but did do some knitting related shopping. I headed to Webs on Monday for their annual year end sale. I didn't end up with much as I was feeling a bit uninspired. I did get an Inox Experess needle for my Magic loop socks, a bag of Rowan Cork in a great caramel color, and 2 bags of Knit 1 Crochet 2 Angora Soft(sooooo soft!) in a beautiful light blue. The cork I think will become a Rebecca cabled sweater (the goldish colored one), and the Angora Soft - not so sure yet....I didn't think they had as much as they had at their tent sale in the summer, but it was a mob scene.

I have turned the heel and am 1/2 way through the gusset of Jaywalker #2. I should finish easily by New Years!