------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, July 11, 2005

Can't believe it's time!

I can't wait to go on vacation later this week! We leave Friday for the Outer Banks, NC. We went last year with all the realtives and had so much fun, we've made it a yearly tradition. We rent a huge house and spend a relaxing week on the beach and at the pool. I'd highly recommend Twiddy for rentals on the Outer Banks - they are great!

On the knitting front, I am about 1/2 way done with the Honeymoon Cami. I love the orange color, and the Cotton Ease yarn. Knitting up fast and easy. I learned how to do 2 new increases (right and left raised), and got to practice the 2 decreases (ssk and kpsso). Fun! I want to finish it before we leave for vacation - this one and the xback are coming along for the trip!

I have to figure out what to bring for project(s) for the car ride down (10 fun hours) as well as while I'm there. I'm contemplating bringing stuff for a pair of ankle socks - portable and fast. Maybe another tank? I still have one more on my to do list, and lots of Cotton Ease left! I'd love to bring the 2 kids sweaters I need to do (even though the kids will be there!) but I'm having a hard time finding yarn. Needs to be machine washable and not in "baby" colors. I don't like the Red Heart worsted, and have tried a couple of other options, but no luck yet. The hunt continues....