------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, June 19, 2006

Trek!

Even though the Trekking yarn has yet to decide what it wants to be when it grows up to be socks, it had a great weekend in Stowe, Vermont. The Inn we stayed at was beautiful. A clear, mountain river ran along the back of it, and the woman who ran it was more than friendly. She let us use the walk in fridge to store our coolers, and made coffee when we got in after a long day of driving. I can't recommend them highly enough!! (We are already making plans to go back next year!) The weather and the scenery were beautiful. Tucker was such a star and did so well! No blue ribbons, but we did have two fourth place finishes that I was extremely happy with!

I'm such a doofus sometimes. I totally forgot to bring my knitting with me to the trial on Saturday, but did manage to get in another repeat on Saturday night. Sunday was so hot (reports claim it hit 98!) It was all I could do to run Tucker around the course, let alone knit. Plus, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world came for a visit, so we chatted and hung out in-between my runs.

A scenic shot - check out Mt. Mansfield in the background! (if you look close, Tucker is doing his "down" on the table next to me)