------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The First Year

It's hard to believe a year has passed already. My little boy is almost all grown up! A year ago today, about now, Deuce starting having her puppies. One by one they popped out - different colors and markings. All adorable.

The Whole Family
I had to wait though. The last little guy to make an appearance instantly won my heart.
Nine
From that day on, we cuddled and bonded. I had never had a puppy before, so I was smitten. The day they opened their eyes, their first little steps, their first jaunt into the outside world, their first bath. It was all pretty exciting.
Me and Nine
I took pictures every day to document the changes and the daily antics. There was a point where I may have considered others but deep down it was always him. First, we called him "Nine" as he was the ninth and last puppy out. But before he finally came home, he was Ace.

He settled right into life with us, and even got Tucker and Otis playing and wrestling with him. Training started from day one, and he has learned a lot. It has been the most fun having a dog that plays with toys and fetches. I found another dog sport to be obsessed about - herding - and he is getting pretty good at it. He hasn't been perfect, but he has been a darn good puppy. I wasn't sure how I'd fit room for three before he came, but now I can't imagine the house without him!

Happy First Birthday Ace!!!
Ace - The First Year