------------------------------- ------------------------------------ On and Off The Needles

Monday, April 21, 2008

Soaking in the Sun

What an incredible weekend! We had temperatures in the 70's both days, and more sunshine than you could imagine. I did get a bit pink on Saturday, but we remembered and brought the sunscreen on Sunday. The weather was a lot more successful than we were though. Tucker went 0 for 4. It was our first outdoor trial of the year, and it was a bit frustrating, but we did have good things about each run, even if we didn't qualify.

The Happy Team
Even with the heat, he did have some pep, which was nice. My sister took all the pics in this post, and she did a great job capturing his enthusiasm and intensity in this one.
Tucker heading for Tire
All in all, it was a nice weekend. I got to sit in the sun, hang out with both my sister and the dogs, and reunite with friends I haven't seen since last season.

Ace had a great time. I love this trial because of the huge fields it has. Seems like the only places left in Massachusetts with decent amounts of fields and land are old State Hospitals. Strange, huh?
Ace going after ball
I got a Chuckit! ball launcher, and it just flies.
Ace coming back with ball
After three or four throws, he was panting pretty heavily. He had lots of fun. Otis had a somewhat more relaxed weekend at my parents house.
Otis napping
His favorite activity.....

Just to get some knitting news in, the sample socks are blocked, dry and ready to be shipped. They turned out beautiful, and I can't wait to see them in the book!